Thursday, April 27, 2017

MY (VEGAN) GUIDE TO SCOTLAND


Note: I am writing this post April 1, 2017.

Ah, Scotland. I miss you already. I was in the country - mainly on a farm just south of Edinburgh - for three weeks in March 2017 and it was everything I needed it to be. It was a peaceful escape from the non-stop noise and energy of city life. It was an opportunity to become friends with an exceptionally warm, kind group of people I hope I will know for a long time (and see again very soon!) It was an ever-illuminating, practical introduction to culture, history, art, food and language - accents as well as vocabulary - in the UK, a part of the world I've always yearned to explore. Thanks to the rural and urban landscapes and folks I had the great fortune of meeting, I learned about myself, mulled over new philosophies and had some epiphanies about The Big Picture. I flew into the country having zero ZZZs for over 24 hours, not yet having met the people who'd invited me into their home. I flew away with a few tears in my eyes, a more familiar person to myself, feeling as though I was leaving a kind of home and family. I was so happy here. 

CONTINUE READING...


from This Rawsome Vegan Life http://ift.tt/2oBnz7F

No comments:

Post a Comment