Wednesday, February 28, 2018

ZUCCHINI + CHICKPEA FRITTATA


Quiche used to be one of my favourite lunches. When I attended elementary school, my mom would send me off with Tupperware containers full of mini ham quiches. She'd buy frozen, single-serving tart crusts (probably at Costco) already shaped around tinfoil molds, so all that was needed was to fill them with eggs and other fillings, and bake them... then voila: quiche! My fond memories of quiche most likely are due to my love of eggs. In all honesty, as a vegan of 7+ years, eggs are the only food I miss some times. I loved eating big plates of scrambled eggs with soy or oyster sauce, boiled eggs on their own, salted eggs over easy on buttered toast for a "nutritious" breakfast, and quiche. While there are vegan alternatives for all my other fave foods like milkshakes, cheese, ice cream, burgers, chocolate and yogurt (which are always more delicious anyways), I hadn't yet found a proper, satisfying substitute for my beloved quiches and other egg-based recipes. UNTIL NOW... *dramatic music* 

Folks, it's all in the chickpea flour. 

CONTINUE READING...


from This Rawsome Vegan Life http://ift.tt/2FE7LWF

No comments:

Post a Comment