Friday, June 30, 2017

STRAWBERRY + CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE


Cake for breakfast? Yes. I've been having a slice of this every morning since I made it, because the only ingredients are fruits, nuts, seeds and nutritionally-dense superfoods. It's a creamy, rich recipe that leaves me feeling satisfied and energized. The strawberry layer is fruity (shocker) and the chocolate layer reminds me of mousse. Too many nuts make me feel groggy though, and since a big chunk of this recipe is cashews, one slice a day is enough for me. I aim to listen to my body and mind and act accordingly. But my motto is always: do what works for YOU. Some days I crave more fat-dense foods like avocados and nut butters, while other days all I want is juice and dark chocolate, and OTHER days mountains of steamed buns sound perfect. I don't always understand why my body is telling me to go for particular foods - though sometimes it's obvious, if I haven't been drinking enough water, sleeping well, am on my period, etc. - but in any case, there IS probably a reason for it, so I honour that and listen to it. 

CONTINUE READING...


from This Rawsome Vegan Life http://ift.tt/2tsNJuW

No comments:

Post a Comment