Friday, June 16, 2017

STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE with ALMOND GRANOLA


Rhubarb is my new best friend, but it has not always been this way. I've got a wonderful memory of a particularly delicious strawberry rhubarb pie from my childhood, but beyond that my relationship with this lustrous red-stemmed plant (although many varieties aren't super red) was greatly lacking... until this season.

It started in Ireland. My host and I had the fortune of picking up some fresh rhubarb from her sister's garden. She then simply cooked it in some sugar and water and that was that. I ate it with almond yogurt, cinnamon and rolled oats for breakfast and I was blown away. I had forgotten how incredible rhubarb is: the tartness, the freshness, the sweetness, the colour! Following that, once I was home, a friend made me a wonderful raw dessert plate involving a crepe, cashew cream, and vanilla-marinated rhubarb, among other things. Once again: taste buds were blown away. Since then, I have had rhubarb on my mind and my mind on rhubarb.

CONTINUE READING...


from This Rawsome Vegan Life http://ift.tt/2sG1fuI

No comments:

Post a Comment