Friday, June 1, 2018

Pretty Simple Cooking Reviews & Virtual Dinner Party!

Pretty Simple Cooking | A Couple Cooks

Order the book!

It’s been nearly 4 months since our Pretty Simple Cooking cookbook was born! In that time, our world has been rocked. We’ve cooked live on the TODAY Show! The cookbook was named as one of Epicurious’s top vegetarian cookbooks. We were featured everywhere from Bon Appetit to Oprah.com (Oprah!). Alex, Larson and I traveled to SEVEN cities on book tour and met some of you along the way. You joined us for an epic worldwide virtual dinner party. There are almost 100 Amazon reviews for the book (if you’ve left a review, THANK YOU!).

Also BIG NEWS: we’ve had so much positive feedback, we’re having another virtual dinner party! We’d like to personally invite you to our virtual Pretty Simple Dinner Party, Summer Edition on August 18–scroll down for details!

Pretty Simple Cooking–your reviews!

The absolute best part of Pretty Simple Cooking is not the press mentions–it’s hearing from YOU! We wrote this book for you, and hearing that you are making and loving the recipes makes us jump for joy (literally). Here are some comments we’ve been receiving from you: real people who are making real recipes:

“This book is a love letter to food if I’ve ever read one.” –Reba

“I got my book yesterday and made the Smoky Lentil Stew. AMAZING. The book is fantastic and one of the best vegetarian cookbooks I have to date.” –Mollie

“I love Pretty Simple Cooking! I’ve made 11 recipes so far from it and all have been huge hits…especially the vegetarian nut loaf which I’m not going to lie, I was a little skeptical it was going to be as good as you claimed but we are 100% obsessed with it!!” –Connie

“I saw you and Alex on the Today Show—I ordered the book right away, and have been cooking my way through it. We bought a second copy for our daughter. I’m thrilled to say that she and her roomies are finally cooking instead of ordering pizza because your book is so user-friendly. Thank you for writing this book. It’s perfect.” –Meg

“I’ve fallen in love with your blog and recently your cookbook. My husband and I are newly married and value eating healthy, but it’s easy to feel like we have to fall into extremes (paleo, gluten free, etc.) in order to be truly healthy. Your recipes and writing are such a refreshing perspective on wholesome living. You value the process of food and cooking – which makes it all so fun!” –Abby

“My husband, ever the hummus and chickpea skeptic, said ‘Holy shit this is good!’ on the first bite of the Chickpea Shawarma Pita!” –Jane

“I made the portobello fajitas twice in the last few weeks and am obsessed. I’m 33 weeks pregnant and now this is what I crave for dinner!” –Katie

“After the first bite of The Best Veggie Lasagna, my daughter Ruby crawled on my husband’s lap and kept shoveling it in her mouth. It’s THAT good. Seriously, the best lasagna I’ve had! We made it for some friends we had over and they raved about it. I’m Italian and I’ve made a ton of different lasagnas, but this is hands down, by far, our favorite ever!” –Jess

“Made the green beans tonight. WOW!! Unedited quotes: “Mmmm.” “Can I have more?” “Was this in your Alex and Sonja book?” “Think I’ll save these for last.” (My son likes to save his fave food to eat last.) Of course there were none left because we all loved them so much. I’ll never make green beans the old way again! These recipes are seriously changing the way we eat!” –Adrienne

Pretty Simple Cooking | A Couple Cooks

Will you join our virtual worldwide dinner party?

Do you remember our first virtual worldwide dinner party, the Pretty Simple Dinner Party? It was a dinner party with 350 hosts all over the world who ate dinner “together” virtually on the same night in February. Each of us made at least one recipe from Pretty Simple Cooking and shared it with at least one other person. We used a hashtag (#PrettySimpleDinnerParty) so we could see what parties all around the world were making. The energy was palpable! In the words of one dinner party host: “I’m obsessed with your cookbook. The recipes and pics are fab but even take a backseat to the beautiful message behind the words you’ve put to page. Can we please do the Pretty Simple Dinner Party again?” 

So…we’re doing it again! Mark your calendars: the Pretty Simple Dinner Party, Summer Edition is August 18! It gives us an excuse to eat the summer recipes from Pretty Simple Cooking and enjoy the beautiful produce in August. Do you want to host? Just email me at sonja@acouplecooks.com — details on what you need to do are below!

What is the Pretty Simple Dinner Party? The Pretty Simple Dinner Party is a national dinner party to celebrate good food and good people. In a time where we need unity and community, let’s celebrate coming together around the table!

What does a host do? To be a host, just cook dinner for at least one other person on Saturday, August 18 and make at least one recipe from Pretty Simple Cooking! You can eat dinner with your immediate family in your sweats, or dress up and invite a few friends! For summer, we’re seeing twinkle lights on the patio and frosé — am I right? Our goal is to make it fit into your lifestyle: it’s nothing more than eating delicious food with people you enjoy. Sharing on social media is optional, but last time we all shared our meals using the hashtag #PrettySimpleDinnerParty so we could see the parties all over the world! Alex and I will make live appearances that evening on social media so we can say hi to all of you joining us around the table! At our last party, some people got out their china and made a several course meal; others had a cozy brinner with their toddlers! Here’s what our Pretty Simple Dinner Party in February looked like.

How many parties are signed up? We currently have 56 dinner party hosts in 20 states in America and 7 different countries! See the map below! Our goal is at least one party in each of the 50 states, and 20 countries! 

How can I sign up to be a host? Email sonja@acouplecooks.com and say you’re interested in being a dinner party host.


A Couple Cooks - Recipes for Healthy & Whole Living



from A Couple Cooks https://ift.tt/2Ha5BgI

No comments:

Post a Comment